The School Health Program is defined as “the school procedures that contribute to the maintenance and improvement of the health of pupils and school personnel including health services healthful living and health education”. http://trinitycarefoundation.org/preventive/school-health-program
Why School Health ?
The health of young people is strongly linked to their academic success, and the academic success of youth is strongly linked with their health.
- Thus, helping students stay healthy is a fundamental part of the mission of schools. After all, Schools cannot achieve their primary mission of education if students and staff are not healthy.
- Health-related factors, such as hunger, chronic illness, or physical and emotional abuse can lead to poor school performance.
- Health-risk behaviors such as substance use, violence, and physical inactivity are consistently linked to academic failure and often affect students’ school attendance, grades, test scores and ability to pay attention in class.
Process being implemented : https://flic.kr/s/aHskrUNsEq
The team will cover Government schools and Government aided schools in Karnataka State, and undertake the following activities:
- Pre-screening of students for height, weight, skin, eye, dental, cardiac, caries, oral lesions, facial deformities, etc.,
- Facilitating medical intervention for those shortlisted through the pre-screening.
- Impart education on health issues,adolescent health, hand-washing, ill effects of tobacco and tooth brushing techniques to the students.
- Undertake training for teachers and health workers to carry forward the work.
- Digital capture of data of each child.
Trinity Care Foundation is a network of highly accomplished and networked public health professionals in Karnataka state, India. They aim to solve the challenges of healthcare in India by working in synergy with the government system. At Trinity Care Foundation we aim to create a more efficient and effective social impact ecosystem using preventative healthcare system.
Corporate social responsibility ( CSR ) Partnership
Such healthcare projects will make CSR contribution targeted, making them simple to execute as turnkey CSR projects. ‘Promoting healthcare’ is an area identified under schedule VII of the Companies Act 2013 that is eligible to receive CSR funding either directly or through an implementing agency that has a track record.
Trinity Care Foundation executed CSR Projects : http://trinitycarefoundation.org/csrprogrammesindia & https://www.flickr.com/photos/trinitycarefoundation/albums
For CSR partnership,
Write to – email@example.com or
Call Dr. Thomas +91 9880394959 or Mr.Binu +91 9880358888